Most conventional methods of treating I.B.S. involve taking drugs and these drugs are designed to treat the symptoms rather than the cause of I.B.S.
When the course of treatment has finished very often the symptoms will re-appear.
Hypnotherapy treats the cause of I.B.S which is very often stress related and once a person has become more calm and relaxed and able to deal with stress more appropriately the symptoms of I.B.S disappear for good.
A lot of research has shown hypnosis treatment has many advantages, which makes it an attractive option for treating many IBS sufferers with chronic and severe symptoms:
- It is one of the most successful treatment approaches for chronic IBS. The response rate to treatment is 80% and better in most published studies to date.
- The treatment often helps individuals who have failed to get improvements with other methods
- It is a uniquely comfortable form of treatment; relaxing, easy and very enjoyable.
- It utilizes the healing power of the person’s own mind, and a healthy mind and healthy body go hand in hand.
- The beneficial effects of the treatment last long after the end of the course of treatment. According to research, individuals who improve from hypnosis treatment for IBS can generally look forward to years of reduced bowel symptoms.
Please contact Julie for further advice. You may also like to read testimonials about Irritable Bowel Syndrome below.
Published research: Vickers & Zollman, ‘Hypnosis and relaxation therapies,’BMJ 1999 also Galovski, T.E., and E.B. Balnchard, ‘The treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with hypnotherapy.’ Applied Psychophysiology & Feedback, 1998
What Julie's clients say about IBS Hypnotherapy
*”IBS is not an illness but it is a problem that destroys the quality of life for the sufferer. It grew on me gradually and whilst I could eat normally at home, outside in a social environment I began to dread eating with the resultant problems which this involved. In the end I had to refuse all invitations which involved food. For over a year I tried all the medications prescribed by my doctor, but none helped.
Then I met Julie James. I had read that hypnosis could help find the underlying problems which caused IBS to start and take hold. Julie has transformed my life by finding the causes of which I was unaware, with the result that even after only one session I was so confident that I forgot that there had ever been a problem.
The result is a miracle that has transformed my life. I am now rid of the IBS, feel physically and mentally well and completely back on an even keel. I cannot thank Julie enough.”
* DISCLAIMER – Please note results may vary.